AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from a customer about his TV. He claims as he scrolls through his DirecTV guide, red pixels show up where black is present. This not only happens with the guide, but with his Apple TV as well.

I've troubleshooted for nearly 6 hours scrolling through settings, changing cables, trying different sources etc.

Does your TV do this? Is it normal?

It's a plasma. I suspect it's plasma burn.
IMG_20130327_094109_395.jpg 1392k .jpg file
IMG_20130327_094053_172.jpg 1414k .jpg file
IMG_20130327_094239_167.jpg 1388k .jpg file

Attachments

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
It's not burn-in.

If it only happens with the Guide and Apple TV then it has to do with them, their connection or the avr if routed that way. It seems that the blotch isn't consistent enough to be burn-in.

What model tv is this?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Have you tried swapping another TV into the system, to see if it still does it?

I appreciate the customer would very probably then want that TV if it works, and you would have to deal with the Returned set...

·
Registered
8,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb065  /t/1468565/please-explain-what-is-happening-with-this-tv/0_50#post_23213209

I have actually tried another TV. However, it wasn't the same type. I have been on the phone with customer service and they sent a tech out who claim the TV naturally does this?

I have a Panasonic PDP and DTV and it has never done this. So my answer would be no.

Ian

·
Registered
988 Posts
If it's still under warranty I would say it is a fault which is only really apparent on some inputs.

If it's not under warranty, have you tried a service reset? Hold VOL- on remote and MENU on TV. Diagnostics page will pop up. Turn TV off. Turn back on. Will be as from factory. (Note: EVERYTHING is reset, I think this includes any calibration and all user settings. It completely sets the TV to the original shipping state.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts