AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I have been reading many a thread...granted, I only joined today, but have been reading basically for the past 5 hours. I may be jumping the gun here, but I believe I have at least narrowed my search. Many of the threads I read were from earlier this year and I want to make sure the info/opinions are still valid.

I have a small living room...I think 46" is going to be plenty big for my needs. I don't play games. So just tv and movies for me.

I have narrowed my search to the Samsung LN46A630 and 650. I've read tons of Vs. threads. I will have to weigh that out on my own. I'm not sure that I would have a problem with glare in my current room, but am looking to move in the near future. The other one i'm looking at is the Sony KDL-46W4100.

Out of the three, I'm really leaning towards the 46A650.

Am I leaving out any other options in that range(price/function)?? If so, what are they.

I have done search after search...but if i have missed something, please direct me.

Thanks so much,

Jesse

edit: I just noticed that bb has the 750 series for $50 LESS than the 650...why would this be?

Thanks again,

Jesse

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacosdad /forum/post/15426050

bump...can someone just help me to understand the $50 price difference on the 750? i would think that it would cost more than the 650/630.

It's probably got $50 worth of extra features on it, so it makes sense. Supply & demand is a bigger factor.

Consider the Sony Z4100, I've seen those going for 650 prices. Other than plasmas I think you've got it covered.

Oh, and consider the Samsung 81F, it's just a bit more expensive than the 650.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacosdad /forum/post/15426050

bump...can someone just help me to understand the $50 price difference on the 750? i would think that it would cost more than the 650/630.

The 650 just went up $350 at BB. Last week the 46" 650 was $50 cheaper than the 40". My guess is they're either about to drop the 650 back down or raise the 750 price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 /forum/post/15427027

The 650 just went up $350 at BB. Last week the 46" 650 was $50 cheaper than the 40". My guess is they're either about to drop the 650 back down or raise the 750 price.

hmmm, may be worth waiting then? I just started my research..maybe I shouldn't jump the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong /forum/post/15426893

It's probably got $50 worth of extra features on it, so it makes sense. Supply & demand is a bigger factor.

Consider the Sony Z4100, I've seen those going for 650 prices. Other than plasmas I think you've got it covered.

Oh, and consider the Samsung 81F, it's just a bit more expensive than the 650.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely take a look at those two!

I just got back from bb and they had the 850 for the same price as the 650. I cam back here and did some reading. apparently there are some issues with the tv interferring with the dish/cable boxes. The issues stemmed back to Sept and seem to still be a problem. Can anyone confirm this? Opinions on the 850?

Thanks again!

Jesse

·
Registered
108 Posts
I prefer the 750 over the 650 for its styling, read, not oval stand. The 850 is better still with 750 styling and extra thin depth to screen. I would imagine they all have similar pq. Decide what looks good to you and wait for the price to drop-

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:
I just noticed that bb has the 750 series for $50 LESS than the 650...why would this be?

I would say the 750 has the halo issue which kills demand for the TV. The 'extra' features on the 750 really isn't all that. It basically comes down to design (DLNA is a joke), and 750 is flawed in that respect (halo issue), and the TOC peeling (I've experienced this personally). I'd rather have a swivel stand than all the 'extras' given by the 750. I use to be a 750 owner, by the way. It's a good TV but I wish I had gone with a 650 back then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I can find...there are a few issues(i'm sure this is true with any product)with the 750 and 850...more so than the 650. I've read many rave reviews of each, but I did find the 650 for $1650 at cc and bb is matching that price. bb also has the 3 year no interest..even though I'm sure I will pay it off within a year...this is a plus. I personally like the way the 650 looks over the other two in question. I do like the idea of the thinner 850 and the extra speakers, but I don't think i can pass up the $250 price difference between the two. I looked at my current tube tv w/its glossy screen....I don't think the glare of the 650 will be that much of an issue w/me.

I really appreciate the input everyone has given....in this thread and posts in others. I think I've made my decision, but any other feedback will be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Jesse

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try looking at streetprices.com, it has a graph of the historical price range. This is of the lowest online price. But, this gives you a good idea of how the price is fluctuating, so that you can see if it's due for a price drop, or just had a price drop.

Also, I can vouch for the A650. It's an awesome TV. I got mine for $950(yes, I'm bragging) on Amazon, through their marketplace. It was actually from Warehousedeals.com. They are Amazon's outlet center, so to speak. You can find very nice deals there. TV was $950+~50 shipping + White Glove Delivery=me very satisfied. It looks like the box had just been opened is all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.