AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the first to admit that I know just enough to be dangerous. I have an a/v consultant putting together our system and I like to be involved. We purchased a Pioneer Elite 50" signature series monitor and are using sonance speakers all the way around. We are looking at an Eppo blu-ray player and now have come to the receiver question. Our consultant is strongly steering us toward an NAD (T765) but I always thought that NAD was more known for their music strengths and not a/v.

I suggested a Pioneer Elite SC-07, currently around $1k or perhaps a Denon but they are sticking to the NAD.

Can someone please help! The blu-ray will come through a video switch so we can watch it on different screens.

Thanks so much for anything you can add to help us!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why not just stick with the Sc-07? Nothing wrong with the NaD (guess the dealer gets a better kickback on the NAD, thus pushing the NAD, I don't know why they are so adamant about selling that receiver over the Pioneer). Since you are getting a Pioneer plasma, if it were me I get the matching Pioneer AVR and quite a few folks are happy with their SC-07.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
i'm not familiar enough with the t765 to say, but nad has suffered from some reliability/functionality issues in recent years... dunno if those have carried over to the t765 or not...

if you want a sc-07 (which would be my choice over the nad, but i'm a pio fanboy), tell the installer that is what you want... if he continues to fight you on it, get another installer... it's YOUR system, not his...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts