AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a HT theater together, at this point , through the miles of info I have read, decided to go with the primus line.

For the all speakers (except sub) I would really prefer a wall mounted speaker.

With that said, are the p152's easy to mount? would it be better to build shelves and get the p162s for the front?

Same for the C250 vs the c350... should i just build a shelf and get the 350

Also will the 350 overpower the 162's

in all... get the 152 and 250 and wall mount or the 350 and 162 and build shelves?

i am going nuts!

any other suggestions on speakers is much appreciated

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Go with the 350 and 162's. When watching movies you want a big fat center channel. That's where most of the dialogue comes from. What about surrounds? Where you mount them is the next step.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying...

My instinct is if I am going to do it, go with the 162 in fronts with the 350....

Surrounds then I will go with the 152 for the sides and 142 for the rears.... my system will be set up like the typical Dolby set up you see on the dolby website, Standard 7.1, just instead of speaker stands, They will be wall mounted at ear level (room works out perfectly for it.)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Why not go P152s for all the surrounds? Is the price difference that much?

P152 and P142 can be wall-mounted. The P162 is huge!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, good point, probably better to be same for all surrounds....

I have not seen the 162's in person, how big? can I fabricate a shelf or some bracket to mount them near the tv?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrocco30 /forum/post/15570343

yeah, good point, probably better to be same for all surrounds....

I have not seen the 162's in person, how big? can I fabricate a shelf or some bracket to mount them near the tv?

They're around 15" high. Letter paper size base. Over 15 lbs weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts