AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my AccessDTV card. I have installed an OTA antenna on my roof and I know I can get at least 7 digital channels because my TV (a Philips 64PH9905) has a built-in HDTV tuner. I am trying to set up AccessDTV because: (i) it’s supposed to have a much better tuner and (ii) I would like to have the functionality that AccessDTV offers. When I set up AccessDTV, it can only find one channel (CBS). Is it possible that I am doing something wrong in the setup? What should the options be set to? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just click the channel number on the virtual remote, e.g. click 29 for CBS. If it still doesn't work, get a better antenna, may be an amplified one from Radio Shack. Is your antenna pointed to Sutro tower correctly?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try entering in the channels manually when I get home tonight, but I'd also like it if the channel scanner will pick up the channels so I can surf through them with the channel up and down buttons. I have a huge Channel Master OTA antenna mounted on a rotor on the roof. I know that the antenna (and the pointing) is not the problem because I can get the channels using exactly the same connection (which I have split) on my TV which has a built-in HDTV tuner. I just can't seem to get the AccessDTV card to pick them up...

Thank for the replies - any more thoughts would be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.