AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know how to get into the service menu but am not sure exactly how to adjust things. I have read different things like pushing certain numbers or channel up/down and using the volume to actually change things.

Do I just cut the green drive down to fix my problem?

·
Registered
591 Posts
No, the green push that you see is actually an incorrect color gamut. This cannot be corrected. The best thing is to turn down color until you are okay with it. Otherwise you will need to look at a g series or maybe a samsung 6 series and up. Those have the ability to have a correct gamut.

oh also turn color mgt off, that should help some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The green push is largely, though not entirely, fixable. While not perfect (though it looks fine to my untrained eyes), if you look on the forum for instructions to enter the service mode for the set, you can then try adjusting the offsets. One member who owns a 65S1 posted the following offsets, which at least a couple of us have used and enjoyed. HIMS's 65S1 offsets

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I would suggest following the link that JohnSmith3 recommended. I'm currently going through the break-in period on my 50S14, and I've tried quite a few of the offsets just out of curiosity (though I always return them to the default until I hit 150-200 hours). Needless to say, I've found that the S1 offsets actually work really well with the S14 models. There has been much discussion on the differences between the two and no one here knows for sure if they are or are not the same panel.

As long as you write down or take pictures of your original settings, you should be fine plugging in the offsets offered by others. It gave me something to look forward to once the break-in period is over, other than the fact that I think the TV already looks extremely nice just doing a user end calibration using DVE HD Basics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.