Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm a real newb when it comes to audio (I'm 16) but i'm really drawn to it, and i'm trying to learn whatever I can.

Anyway, i'm looking for an "audio solution" for my room -

I want to hear music on my PC (I have a Hercules Game Theater XP sound card btw) and maybe occassionally connect a CD/MP3 player.

Also, I plan on buying an electric guitar in the near future, so that's also one of my considerations.

I don't even know what components I need... :) so please help me out there. Also suggest good speakers\\amps for me (For Music, not DVD's or something). I want it to be top quality, best sound I can get for a reasonable price.

I hope my questions aren't annoying and too newbish.

I'd appriciate any (positive) input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
DisinfectedDuck-

Thsi question reminds me of 'Motherhydra'. She was looking to outfit a dorm room and actually had a large budget in mind, I think she ended up for a lot less money. If you click on the search function and enter her name, you will find an informative thread to start out with. (look at the oldest one first).

Good Luck,

Bruce

·
Registered
468 Posts
Play the electric guitar through a guitar amp. Small practice amps don't cost all that much, and you will find it easier to take over to your friends. You may want to check into some powered speakers you can hook to your computer. I have seen some studio monitors in your price range.

Just looking in the current AMS catalog, and you could get a set of Behringer B2031 bi-amped monitors for $400 a pr, and there are a couple of guitar amps for under $100. I can't comment on the sound, I have never heard them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.