AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Let me start by saying I'm not very tech savy but learning. I got my BT headset paired with my PS3 okay but no go, when I run my connection test in the XMB it says my dsl router doesn't support IP fragments. I'm guessing thats why I can't get it working during online gaming
. My router is wired direct, I disconect from my pc to plug it into my PS3 when I want to game online. I have Verizon dsl and a Westell 2200 router. I'm guessing i need a new router
, any insight, tips anything at all I would appreciate it I would love to have my headset working for online gaming especially MW2..

Thanks

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Did you go into Accessory Settings>Audio Device Settings and see if the headset is activated on there (little blue light next to the name of the BT headset should be on if activated and selected/in use).

I can't think of a reason as to why the headset would cause a problem if it's paired correctly with the PS3. I'm sure other experts will chime in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Did you go into Accessory Settings>Audio Device Settings and see if the headset is activated on there (little blue light next to the name of the BT headset should be on if activated and selected/in use).

I can't think of a reason as to why the headset would cause a problem if it's paired correctly with the PS3. I'm sure other experts will chime i

Thanks for the reply KS. Yeah it's activated and the blue light is on. I think it has something to do with my router according to the error message I got. Wondering if it's something I can fix with my pc somehow?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab /forum/post/18158842

Im confused, you manage to pair your headset and your having problems going online because of the bluetooth?

Sorry about the confusion I explained it poorly. I have no problems getting/staying online, I just can’t get my BT to work, even though it’s paired and activated in the settings. I know it works I’ve used it at my cousins place to make sure it wasn’t the headset.

The error message I get is in the Network Settings in the XMB when I do a connection test. Below the column where the IP address, Nat type etc.. are tested, at the bottom it reads “The router in use may not support IP fragments and the communication features for some games may be restricted”. I can't get to work for any games..

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
If that's the message that you're getting, then I think you need to do some port forwarding. What type of NAT connection do you have?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
what do you mean your headset isnt working? is nothing working? is the speaker not working? or just the mic? what kind of BT is it?

are you sure you have all the settings correct? under Accessory settings-Audio device settings, make sure it's set to send chat audio to the headset, and receive audio from the headset mic.

·
Registered
662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby /forum/post/18158870

Sorry about the confusion I explained it poorly. I have no problems getting/staying online, I just can't get my BT to work, even though it's paired and activated in the settings. I know it works I've used it at my cousins place to make sure it wasn't the headset.

The error message I get is in the Network Settings in the XMB when I do a connection test. Below the column where the IP address, Nat type etc.. are tested, at the bottom it reads The router in use may not support IP fragments and the communication features for some games may be restricted. I can't get to work for any games..

That sounds a lot like you have a NAT 3 connection, if so you will have to forward some ports like Shorty mentioned or put your PS3 in a DMZ. There's many sites out there that can walk you through both, maybe even for your exact router.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet /forum/post/18159653

are you sure you have all the settings correct? under Accessory settings-Audio device settings, make sure it's set to send chat audio to the headset, and receive audio from the headset mic.

Bingo! that did it, I was the problem should have RTFM
TY.

The BT is a 2yr old Motorola, so far only tried it with MW2 but I have trouble hearing people through it at the highest volume setting. I'm guessing a new one would solve that, any recommendations ?

I have a NAT 2 connection would I benefit with a NAT 1 at all? I'm also considering a new ISP (Comcast). I could never host many players without lag, I ran a speed test on my connection with Verizon and my download speed is 1.53Mb/s, Upload speed .35Mb/s, 37ms ping. According to the website i used, my connection speed is well below average. If I'm not hosting any games are these numbers acceptable?

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to get me straighted out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am paying extra, It's part of a package deal I got (that I'm dumping) when I bought my first PC a few years back.. I have always had a game system but never played online until well after GTA5 came out, which was my first online game experience. I wasn't interested in a head set until I picked up MW2 and that error message has been there from day one, so I figured the router was the problem. It's all getting replaced problem solved!

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby /forum/post/18170321

I am paying extra, It's part of a package deal I got (that I'm dumping) when I bought my first PC a few years back.. I have always had a game system but never played online until well after GTA5 came out, which was my first online game experience. I wasn't interested in a head set until I picked up MW2 and that error message has been there from day one, so I figured the router was the problem. It's all getting replaced problem solved!

GTA5 is out already?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.