AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE help me make the decision!

I am about to "pull the trigger" and buy, but I keep going back and forth between the Yamaha RX-V3900 and the Denon 4308ci.

I can find both a basically the same price so that is not an issue.

I have the following:

Samsung DLP (LED)

Tivo S3

Xbox 360

PS3 (for BR watching)

They both seem to have the same options except for it looks like no "Wi-Fi" on the 3900, just ethernet.

My neighbor has an OLD yamaha and I LOVE the sound that is puts out.

I have read the 3900 review that someone posted on here and it seems great.

Is there any major differences that would put me over the top??? VP better on one than the other? Video switching faster on one than the other.

I would probably have 2 or 3 zones set up in my house. HT (main), Main floor (music only) and outdoor (music only).

Thanks VERY much in advance!!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Originally Posted by bskultety View Post

Go to 6ave.com put the 3900 in your cart and use coupon AFLAUD25 then update the price you will be pleasantly surprised. Authorized dealer, no sales tax and free shipping.

YAMAHA!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Reply and code. I will be buying the reciever (either one) from your store. Great prices!

Any reason why you like the Yamaha more?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much!

·
Registered
197 Posts
You should consider the yamaha if you have good speakers and like music quality.

If you have ****** ones, go for a denon/onkyo or whatever brand with audyssey xt.

This because even a rv-x363 sounds better for music than a denon 2809.

Ofcourse thats just my personal feeling and you should probably demo them in your house to make a decent decision.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input!

Right now I have Bose Cube speakers for the surrounds and my original onkyo center channel and subwoofer.

I am planning on buying new speakers soon, but will those be ok with either reciever?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoAce10 /forum/post/15487524

Thanks for the input!

Right now I have Bose Cube speakers for the surrounds and my original onkyo center channel and subwoofer.

I am planning on buying new speakers soon, but will those be ok with either reciever?

Thanks again!

They are 8 ohm speakers far as I know, so that won't be a problem. I assume the cubes have some sort of speaker terminals, so that's ok. Not sure about any proprietary BOSE connections though. What connections are on the powered sub?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My neighbor had these Bose Speakers hooked up to his old yamaha reciever so the connections on the cubes should be ok.

The sub has normal speaker wire...I added banana plugs to ends and that is how they are currently hooked up to my onkyo receiver.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just un-boxed the RX-V3900 for the Monster Garage and have not completed the the wiring of the components and the 650 Samsung's.

52" in the office and 37" in the shop.

The immediate delay is It's complex setup where one screen is up to 30 feet away, and components and Av are 15 feet away from the one in the office. There is only space on the wall for the 52 only near the ceiling. So it's not hit walking by.

Considering going up inside the wall and through attic space to other wall.

Pending help to transport of 80lb speakers to the shop.

Can't wait to play Blue Ray on the new players. I'm thinking Iron Man.

Maybe the Playstation 2 will look better going through it. Maybe not.

I suspect I'll have to upgrade the game console for Gran Turismo 4, etc.

Currently not qualified to the actual review of the RX-V3900, but will update.

I do like what I see written so far.

So if there are tips I need, free free to comment.

I'm an old Marantz fan for 30 years prior. With wood surround cabinet. I still recall the commercial in the 70's where after the building fire was put out, the victim uncovers the stereo with little hope with water running out of it, and when dry still works fine. Similar to one on ebay at the moment, http://myworld.ebay.com/sstk100/

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually I did decide on the RV-X3900. Just got it this week, but like you have not set it up yet. I am waiting for 2 new HDMI cables to come from monoprice.com. Hopefully will get them soon.

I can't wait!!!

Yes, if you figure you any tips while setting up please let me know and I will do the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts