141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
It means that the rated power output of the amp is determined using a 40Hz Sine wave input signal.

With that signal at the input jack, the amp is driven to 1% THD+N (a common definition of clipping) when hooked up to a dummy load of specified resistance (2Ω, 4Ω etc) to determine the minimum rated power output.
Thank you @GIEGAR .
I had assumed differently (abd wrongly)

Btw, I'm in contact with Matt. Thanks for the info above.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Interesting thread! Lots of twists and turns, but I can see the community did a great job helping you out.

One thing about DIY is that it can be incredibly rewarding. I just did my first build last fall through DIYSoundGroup, and they are awesome to deal with.

I think you’ll be very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
@FattyMcButterPants ha. More turns that I had planned.
@jjackkrash I've been in contact with speakerpower to try to figure out which of their late amps is compatible with 230v 50hz. In particular I'm looking at the sp1-4000-ht. This would be the last piece of the sub puzzle (apart from the cabinet...).

I will get the hst24-mkII and do single 24" driver sub cabinet instead of dual 18" driver cabinet box (less power needed) and be done with it :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
JBL SCS 8 and JBL Control 328C would likely be a good match for JTR mains if you want to save some cash.

@jjackkrash
Hi, recently joined here and I checked out these JBLs. However, I found that their power rating is really high even though they are efficient speakers.
Aren't those more suitable for a larger room. let's say a 80-foot room?
Or the power rating doesn't matter as long as I don't need them to be as loud as they can get?

Thanks for help.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts