AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the Blue CRT on my Gp5000, I put all the pieces back as close as possible to the original one.

The projector powers up, but the Blue CRT is extremely bright, the only way to lower it is to move the CPC magnet (i think this is what its called) back. There's no crosshatch on the blue only a solid square

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Josh the magnet has to be adjusted, put it at same position as it is on the other tubes and leave it, there are other things that need adjusting first. Set the G2, and I think there should be a drive pot that controlls the brightness. Do not know these PJ's so I'm sure someone that does will help you. In the mean time start searching the forum.

Deron.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Josh,

I am not really familiar with your projector but I recently retubbed a Barco 1208/2 and I got a similar "bright raster" on my green tube when I forgot to reconnect the green signal line to the card on the back of the green CRT. I would start off by comparing all connections on the blue tube to one of the other working tubes to see if you missed anything. Oh and I would NOT operate the tube for very long with the bright raster (you don't want to burn your new tube).

Miles

Sorry, edited to add a missing NOT ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.