AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i had a power outage, happens enough that I have my Replay on a battery backup :). Since the power did not come right back on like it usually does i shut down the Replay then turned off the backup unit.

This morning I woke up and with power restored i powered up the backup battery then Replay. Now the unit will not connect to my network, I do not even get a link light. I verified the CAT5 cable still connects to router with my laptop (gets dhcp and i can surf the web with laptop) so i know it is something with Replay. I have also tried another warm and cold boot with no results.

Has anyone else experienced this and know what i can do to get ethernet port back online?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I assume you also pulled the power altoghether and let it sit for a few minutes. If you did pull the power and you still do not get the link light to come on, the NIC card probably got fried.

I have seen this happen before with PC NIC cards (even when they were on a UPS). You can get a power surge through the CAT-5 that takes out the NIC Card and it has to be replaced.

If you call DNNA Support, you may try to see if they would sell you a new card so you could replace it yourself. I know the 4000 plugs into a PCI slot but I can't remember if the same configuration is used in the 5000 without opening mine to check it out.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
By "knowing it works" you took the cable out of the replay and plugged it into your laptop? I wouldn't be surpriesed if the NIC was fried.

As judege mentioned... power cycle the router and all switches on your LAN. Also try using another port on the router/switch.

5k NIC is in the MB, no way to just swap out a card on the 5k. =(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess no level of protection is good enough. Even with everything I own on surge protection/battery backup something went a miss. I noticed a port on the router is inop now as well, so while i'm baffled that the Replay NIC is dead and router port working and there is dead router port and operational computer NIC, the bottom line doesn't look good.

So I guess the next question is --- Does anyone know how to get parts for a Replay 5040? JeffD is right everything on the 5040 is incorporated into motherboard. I just hope this doesn't become a boat anchor after 4 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.