AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mitsubishi Platinum Plus WS-65819 HDTV, and a original Radeon 64MB VIVO. with powerstrip i'm able to choose 1920x540p or 1420x540p but my tv only supports "Resolution (Analog TV Lines, Horizontal) 1200" so can i use the above resolutions. and which is best for DVD and divx viewing? I normally use 720x480p for desktop which works great. any suggestions?

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/PDFs/pl...luspec2001.pdf

·
Registered
772 Posts
Your TV supports the standard 1920 x 1080i - so powerstrip will make it happy with higher res 960 x 540p for the desktop. (widescreen square pixels, progressive scan) It also supports old style 480i (NTSC) and 480p, but the ntsc will be line doubled and delinterlaced to 480p. The old lower res's are also only 4:3 windowboxed, while 960x540p is 16:9.

The way its suggested to setup with powerstrip, is to start with a multisync monitor, get your frequencies right, then transfer the cable to the TV. If its going completely insane, unplug it!

For details, see the powerstrip docs, and forum comments...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
RSawdey said:

>>

The way its suggested to setup with powerstrip, is to start with a multisync monitor, get your frequencies right, then transfer the cable to the TV. If its going completely insane, unplug it!

>>>

Or, you could configure a Hot-Key to switch back to the lower resolution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.