AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 50" LG Plasma (50PC3D) that came with an LG HTiB. This worked just fine (albeit a little underpowered) for 2+ years. My daughter was playing with the remote and changed some settings and the HT didnt work right anymore. It was time for an upgrade anyways so I bought a Sony Blu Ray HTiB (BDV-E300). When I get it home and connect it via the HDMI cable, I get a popup box on the TV that says "invalid format" I triple check the connection and also try a new HDMI cable. Still get the same message "invalid format" Now I try to connect it via component cables, no good. I try an S-Video cable, no good. I am still getting the message. Before I connect anything, the message says "no signal", when I make the connection then it says "invalid format" so I know it's recognizing something. Can someone please help me figure this out, I am going to call a HT installation company tomorrow, before I spend the $250 for a service call I was hoping someone on this board could help me. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this. WOW! I never thought something like this would cause me so much stress...but I really want to watch a Blu Ray movie!

Thanks!

JL

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
You'll need to go in to the Sony's menu and set the output to 1080i. Your getting the "Invalid Format" because the Sony is setup to output 1080p. Consult your manual (pg 77).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I will try that tomorrow. Question , Can I change anything on the menu if I cant see it on the screen? Will I be able to see the menu on the small screen area that show AUX, AM,FM,BD/DVD? of will I need to just do what it says in the manual?

·
Registered
9,440 Posts
You can also try resetting the unit to ouput to the lowest resolution and see if you can get a picture.

With unit "ON", press and hold "PLAY" and "EJECT" (open and close tray) buttons on the unit for more than 5 seconds. (also on page 77)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That worked! Thanks a lot....Now I am having a problem with no sound. I have it connected via the HDMI, I thought that was both video and audio. Do you know why I dont have sound coming thru?

Thanks again for the advice

·
Registered
9,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlapointe /forum/post/18277279

That worked! Thanks a lot....Now I am having a problem with no sound. I have it connected via the HDMI, I thought that was both video and audio. Do you know why I dont have sound coming thru?

Thanks again for the advice

Glad you got a picture now.

Are you talking about sound from Tv speakers or from BDV-E300 speakers?

(see page 79 in OM under "BD/DVD Audio Output" settings)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it to work. i went into the main menu and changed the speaker settings and now it work. I am so relieved, i was ready (ask my wife) to spend $1000 to getthis to work. I must have spent $200 just on cables alone.

Thanks again for the advice, I only hope that I can help someone someday with a problem.

Thanks!

JL

·
Registered
9,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlapointe /forum/post/18277684

I got it to work. i went into the main menu and changed the speaker settings and now it work. I am so relieved, i was ready (ask my wife) to spend $1000 to getthis to work. I must have spent $200 just on cables alone.

Thanks again for the advice, I only hope that I can help someone someday with a problem.

Thanks!

JL

Thats great news and now to enjoy some BD.

What $200 on cables?

Next time check out monoprice (but they are down right now).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts