AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just received my newly refurbished JVC 30k for 299 from eCost. I finally got it all hooked up, was a ***** since I have very little space in my rack left. Everything seemed to work fine, but I am having problems with switch box. I have a SA4200HD hooked up and it always outputs a video signal, so the only time I can watch it is when everything else hooked up to the switch box is off. Well it looks like the JVC has a weird problem. When the optical cable is hooked up, regardless of whether or not it is on, it always outputs a signal to my switch box. This is causing a problem as the optical audio signal tell the switch box to tune to that channel. Does anyone else use there jvc with a switch box??? Is there any way to prevent the JVC from putting out an audio signal at all times??? Please help!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I checked my 30K. The optical out does not emit any light when the unit is off. I tried it both with the power save mode activated and deactivated. Does yours emit red light when turned off?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is emitting light when turned off. I didn't mess around with the modes though....What's this power save mode thing???? I will try to find that as well...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by duihlein
Mine did the same thing initially. It said AUTO. Once I set the time it stopped.
the signal will stop once the unit is all set up with the channels ect...

Also once it is all set-up it will emmit a signal once every hour for about one minute always. This is annoying since your switch will always go to that input every hour for about a minute.

Jeff

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, didn't realize it. What is the auto setting???? I take it you mean doing auto channel check. Another weird problem that I haven't bothered to fix was I was going to use the vcr every once in a while I had a tivo conflict to tape regular tv. To that end I have taken the svideo out put and analog audio ouput of my cable box and hooked it to the 30k. Weird thing is that the audio comes in, but the tv signal on the svideo doesn't. I haven't tried the rca video output yet (pain in a$$ to get to the back of my vcr), but perhaps doing an auto channel scan may fix it??? Any thoughts???

PS: I haven't notice the once an hour thing yet....

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Just make sure that you have the input setting set to "s-video". They come default to "Video"

menu/function setup/in out function

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am having a weird problem maybe someone can help me with. When I play regular vcr tapes I can't get the analog audio to work correctly. It does output the analog audio (i tested it by hooking directly to my tv), but its still leaves the optical digital out on (even though nothing is coming out). This prevents my switch box from switching to analog audio and passing it on to the receiver. The weird thing is if I am just watching normal tv on the tv tuner built into the jvc it outs puts analog just fine with out the optical out being on. Any thoughts????

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am having a weird problem maybe someone can help me with. When I play regular vcr tapes I can't get the analog audio to work correctly. It does output the analog audio (i tested it by hooking directly to my tv), but its still leaves the optical digital out on (even though nothing is coming out). This prevents my switch box from switching to analog audio and passing it on to the receiver. The weird thing is if I am just watching normal tv on the tv tuner built into the jvc it outs puts analog just fine with out the optical out being on. Any thoughts????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.