AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off please let me apologize about knowing very little about speakers. I would like to spend up to 2000 on front speakers maybe more depending. Sound is MUCH more important to me than looks. I understand that alot of of is subjective but I would love some audiophile guidence. I have read alot about the following:

Swan Diva 6.2

Onix Rocket 760

Axiom M80 v2

Paradigm

B & W

The room that these will be in is 14 x 18 x 12. My components are mostly HK. I tend to listem to music more than movies.

I live in backwater Alabama so it is almost impossible to hear some of these. Any help, opinions or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank Y'all in advance.

· Registered
3,109 Posts
Generally the first three offers more value than the last 2. I believe they offer a 30 day trial period too, however shipping is not insignificant.

I would also suggest you add NHT Classic Fours and the Strada Mini to your list.

· Registered
505 Posts
Also check out Monitor Audio Silver RS Series... They are very nice, and look good too.

Go out and listen to as many different spkrs as you can to get a feel for what you like.

Oh, and welcome davie6. No need for you to apologize

Good Luck,

· Registered
19 Posts
Vandersteen and thiel.

If you are looking for a theater speaker these may not be the best but for music they are very engaging and they have some of the best measurments of any speakers regardless of price. I beleive that most of the thiels are time coherent and the Vandersteens are both time coherent and phase accurate. It is belevied that this helps in getting the timber of the instrument correct, so that no matter what frequency the speakers sound like an instrument not just a speaker trying to sound like an instrument. The trade off is that both manufactrurers perfer a fisrt order cross over wich does not protect the drivers the way higher order crossovers do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.