AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first post ...

I cannot pull the trigger on which TV to pick up. Just had an early Sony 42" 1080i plasma die on my on Sunday which has sped up my purchasing time line by a few weeks. Had it 6 years.

TV will be in the following role:

Family room use, 3 windowed, but light controlled room (coverings), HD sports and movie viewing (soon to add Bluray) and about 20 hours a week of FPS/general gaming (COD Black Ops, and Assasins Creed). Input lag was an issue on my old Sony so I would like to be in the low to mid 2's on the model I choose. Viewing distance is just over 7'0".

I know about the "IR and BI" debate on these forums, and having had a plasma with definite BI I don't plan on going back to that side until I manage a more dedicated movie use unit. I don't have any interest in the edge lit LED's, as I would rather go straight LCD before those.

Budget is as low as I can get (as it is for most people), but around $1600 I can manage.

Which brings me to my current debate, LG LH90 or LG 55LHX? Both are currently attainable for about $1600 from reputable sellers, and I can duck CA tax on both.

Please help forum gurus, I need to get something on order ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Fej

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've had both. I have the lhx.

The lh90 I re-gifted to someone else rather than return it (its a long story, not going into it). The short story is that both are great sets, but the lhx is slightly better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The Vizio XVT 55" is a third choice, mainly for the ease of pickup and return locally.

Would love more responses, this seems to be a very active and knowledgeable forum, I have learned a lot in my weeks of research.

If you have any audio questions, I am more than happy to help

Also for owners of the LHX, can you use your home receiver to route everything into and then output to the single HDMI port and bypass the wireless box?

Fej

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It's been a while since I've seen either, but I remember the LHX having a slightly more appealing picture. If the price isn't that much more, i'd definitely go with the LHX, based partially on the fact that the LH90 is an eyesore

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the trigger on the LHX last night through Tigerdirect. Slickdeals forum had a $300 off coupon that when applied the net price was quite nice for a brand new, unopened unit

About 15 pages into the LHX owners thread, and once I read that you could hardwire the wireless box, my mind was pretty much made up.

Thanks for the help guys

Fej

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy /forum/post/19604476

It's been a while since I've seen either, but I remember the LHX having a slightly more appealing picture. If the price isn't that much more, i'd definitely go with the LHX, based partially on the fact that the LH90 is an eyesore

I actually like the LH90 bezel, but then again, my taste is questionable.
I want to stress the LH90 is no slouch. It's a nice set. The LHX is just a bit better. It's splitting hairs really as far as the vast majority of consumers go. Both are very nice THX rated displays with a bright, candy apple color picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts