AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marquee 8000 that was set up for a larger (size?) screen. I now will be using the 8000 with a 92" 16:9 screen. As I have gone through the guided setup I can not adjust the blue or red tubes enough physically. The Blue is aimed too much to the right and the Red tube too much to the left. I have searched through the set up manual but I can not find any mention of how to readjust the tubes for the new smaller screen size. Any help would be appreciated greatly!!!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
There is no reason an 8000 can't toe-in enough to cover a 92" screen. I'm assuming you're concerned about putting too much stress on the lenses by pushing on them too hard to move the tube. Take off the big gray cover and push on the lense with one hand and the rear of the tube housing with the other. The tubes just seem to get stuck sometimes because the foam underneath the tube has taken a set into a certain position. The only other physical limitation is the slotted screw holes, and you shouldn't be anywhere near the ends of those.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Draganm,

The tubes are toed in too much, which is why I believe the projector was set up for possibly a 110" screen. Is there an adjustment for radically changing screen size? If so that is the adjustment that I am looking for. The other reason that I know it is set for a larger screen is that earlier during the week, with it sitting on the floor, I fired it onto the bare wall and did a test dial in. It worked fine, but it was a much larger image than my 92" 16:9 screen.

Any and all help is appreciated !

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I'm not following you, tubes get toe'd in for smaller screens and toe'd out for bigger screens. If your projected image is too big, then you need to move the projector closer to your screen, that is how screen size is adjusted. There is no other way to control screen size.

·
Registered
174 Posts
David,

In your first post you said you did the "guided setup". Did you do the (convergence) guided setup, or the (mechanical) guided setup?

If your not sure of the difference:

The Mechanical setup will have you loosen bolts A B & DA, and actually (physically) move the lenses to the left/right. As Draganm said, when you try moving the lenses - Sometimes they'll need moderate force to un-stick them.

The Mechanical setup can move the image a few feet.

The Convergence setup only uses the remote, and will Electronically move the picture. The Electronic adjustments only has a certain range, and therefore is intended only for picture fine tuning.

The Convergence setup can only move the image a few inches.

Please clarify which "guided setup" you performed.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by draganm
I'm not following you, tubes get toe'd in for smaller screens and toe'd out for bigger screens. If your projected image is too big, then you need to move the projector closer to your screen, that is how screen size is adjusted. There is no other way to control screen size.

Right, they get toed -in for a smaller screen, however, I think that's what he said, but it depends on what END of the projector you're looking at it.

In any event, sometimes if the long bolts are too tight, the tubes might be very hard to move even after you loosen the allen screws.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of your input. I had been up for 9 hours working on the projector and was very tired! I found out two things. Number one is that the lenes do not want to move after sitting for long periods of time. Number two is that one of the service adjustments for the red tube was completely on screwed. After starting the screw, every thing fell into place on the next mechanical setup that I did.

Thank you all for your help, it was a live saver, well a sanity saver at least!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
cool, glad you got it figured out. First time is always pretty hard if you don't have someone there with previous experience. Eventually, you will get to the point where you can operate the remote and do adjustment without even looking at the buttons. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.