AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I need some advice from some of the AV distribution and remote control folks on this forum. Here is my current situation that I have been running for the last four years or so. I have been running a Denon 4308 with powered zone 2 and zone 3, and also sending video upstairs, to what is zone 2 using the second hdmi out, passing audio and video through as well. I have been using one of the Hotlink over Cat 5 devices, to control cable box and AVR, using emitters.

What I want to do: Send hdmi video to what is now zone 3, using a new Denon 4520, or directly from the cable box. I am now trying to decide on a good way to manage this, either continuing with the current remote IR scheme, or something more network based. I am a little hesitant to continue sticking emitters on devices, as the AVR or cable box, as I still need to use IR for control in the main zone, and don't want to block signals. It would be nice if I could get the two upstairs zones to share emitters, but that does not seem to be an easy thing to do. The Hotlink people told me that I could make an extension cable, to add a second input eye, but there is no guarantee this would work. I would also like to take advantage of the Denon "IR in" jack, if possible, and a total Hotlink solution would not take advantage of that. Right now I am currently using Harmony remotes in Main and zone 2. So if you guys can please help me with some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Bobby

1 - 1 of 1 Posts