AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is for bedroom use only. I won't be watching it all that much. I figure 720p will be adequate. My priorities:

Picture - of course I want a nice picture with a decent viewing angle. Also, I will be viewing primarily SD cable channels.

Price - $200- $400

Sound - not too important since I will listen at lower levels, as long as it does not rattle or something annoying like that.

Remote - I like a remote to be responsive. Lighted is a positive but not necessary.

Thanks in advance. I am hoping to get a Black Friday deal once I decide on a model.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I recently bought a 22 inch Vizio M220VA for exactly that application. It's 1080p for the price of 720p sets from other companies. Got it at my local Walmart. I like it quite well, at least after I added an $80 speaker package. The speakers that came with it are really tinny, but the picture is remarkably good once I went through the menu adjustments, which are quite simple.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I also have a Vizio m220va, installed in my kitchen. It receives HD OTA, and also a clone signal via a Monoprice splitter and a very long HDMI cable from my HT.

Very pleased with the PQ after calibration. The sound is OK for news and talk shows, but that's about it. I have a pair of vintage CSW Ambiance (the oak cabinet ones) bringing an audio feed from the HT into the kitchen, fortunately. The unit has been perfect for the 4 months we've had it, and I was surprised by the quality of Vizio's packaging and documentation.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark /forum/post/19536135

I also have a Vizio m220va, installed in my kitchen. It receives HD OTA, and also a clone signal via a Monoprice splitter and a very long HDMI cable from my HT.

Very pleased with the PQ after calibration. The sound is OK for news and talk shows, but that's about it. I have a pair of vintage CSW Ambiance (the oak cabinet ones) bringing an audio feed from the HT into the kitchen, fortunately. The unit has been perfect for the 4 months we've had it, and I was surprised by the quality of Vizio's packaging and documentation.

I love your tagline. Don't forget:

Your means "belonging to you."

You're means "you are."

So if you mean "you are," don't write "your."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts