Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

After reading through many of the posts on this forum, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring and ask for some advice...so, here's my first post. Please forgive me if I'm overly descriptive, but I want to give you a good picture of what's going on in my viewing room so that it will most accurately guide your speaker recommendations.

Room dimensions: A combination of drywall and plaster make up a 12'8" wide x 13' long x 9' high box. The wall on which the TV will be mounted (12'8") has no windows, but the right and rear walls house windows that are about 6' square and 6' x 7', respectively, while the left wall opens into the living room via a 5' x 6.5' case which conceals sliding french doors. My wife and I will cover all three of these with drapes. I know that this is not ideal for HT, but it's what we have.

Furniture: I am about to purchase a 50" plasma TV in the next couple of months (once the price wars really heat up) to mount on the far wall of my den, about 42" up over a console which will support the center speaker. I have two Relax the Back recliners about 10' back from the TV wall, and two smaller chairs along the right wall along the window. I have a rug that's about 8' x 10' on the floor and plan to put up some kind of sculpture on the ceiling. Overall, I guess this is pretty sparse from a sound absorption standpoint, but I may add a few baffles (if they look good enough for my wife :D ).

What I want: I will watch 100% TV/movies in this room. The speakers don't have to be the loudest made, but I want clarity, accuracy, fast response, wide soundstage, and punchy, deep bass (not too much to ask, is it?). All for

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking at the Rocket series, and man, they sure are pretty. Call me crazy, but the more I think about it, the more I want the form of my speakers to follow their function. I've also decided to consider packages in the $3000 range. These Rockets look like sculpture! Are there any other similarly priced speakers out there that look as good as these and still deliver the goods?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
The Rockets will be hard to beat for looks and if going with the Rockets, I'd choose one of the 2 Rocket packages below with an HSU sub or your favorite.

LINKY 1

LINKY 2

I suggested the Ascends because of the sound you described you wanted. However, even without considering the looks of the Rockets, I'd easily choose the Rockets over the Ascends. If not either system I recommended above, you may want to ask for more opinions in the AV123 forum before choosing.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, 1Time. I've also noticed the Swan Diva series, which look quite pretty as well. And yep, I've seen the "which is better" threads, too :).

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hi John, I would highly recommend www.axiomaudio.com speakers. I love mine. You could check out Axiom's forum on "Hearing Things" as I believe there is a few people in the Nashville area willing to do an audition for ya in their home :) I took a few months to listen to a variety of brands: NHT, Paradigm, Klipsch, and B&W and previously owned Infinity. For me, I was sold once I heard a demo in my area. They deal direct and have a 30 day in home policy if you want to demo them in your own home. They also have fabulous Customer Service and Technical experts just a phone call away if needed.

Good Luck on your selection.

Randy

Axiom m60's vp150 ep350 4-Qs8's

Denon 2805

Sanyo Z2 Projector

Panasonic S97S DVD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.