AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm out shopping for a 40" LED TV for my room and having a hard time deciding between the Sony Bravia KDL-EX710 and Samsung UN40C6500. Can you guys please let me know your advices and opinions on which is better?

·
Registered
487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Sharp /forum/post/19525882

Hi everyone,

I'm out shopping for a 40" LED TV for my room and having a hard time deciding between the Sony Bravia KDL-EX710 and Samsung UN40C6500. Can you guys please let me know your advices and opinions on which is better?

I would look at both of them in person and then make your decision. I have seen the 6500 and almost purchased it as it has the same PQ as the B8000 of last year. If it was me, I would go for the 6500 just because to me it has a sharper picture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel /forum/post/19525991

I would look at both of them in person and then make your decision. I have seen the 6500 and almost purchased it as it has the same PQ as the B8000 of last year. If it was me, I would go for the 6500 just because to me it has a sharper picture.

Yes I was thinking about stopping at a local electronic store to check them out. However, I don't know if Best Buy carry both of the the above models. Can you be able to tell which one is better just by comparing the specs?

·
Banned
22 Posts
I can't make a comparison with the Samsung, but I have a Bravia EX7 and I am enjoying the Bravia Internet features. If that's something that is important to you, be sure to check that out on both.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Sharp /forum/post/0

Yes I was thinking about stopping at a local electronic store to check them out. However, I don't know if Best Buy carry both of the the above models. Can you be able to tell which one is better just by comparing the specs?

They carry both. The Sony will have a better picture, but I am not a fan of samsungs ultra bright colors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not a fan of Samsung TVs either. My family have been buying Sony TVs for the last 10 years or so. However, the reason I'm hesitating to get the Sony Bravia is because I've been hearing people rave about how Samsung TVs are better and cheaper than Sony's now a day. I don't know if that is true because I have not bought any TVs in a while. Anyhow, I will go to Best Buy today and check out both of them. I wonder if you guys know the prices for those two models would go down more on Black Friday?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Sharp /forum/post/19527214

I'm not a fan of Samsung TVs either. My family have been buying Sony TVs for the last 10 years or so. However, the reason I'm hesitating to get the Sony Bravia is because I've been hearing people rave about how Samsung TVs are better and cheaper than Sony's now a day. I don't know if that is true because I have not bought any TVs in a while. Anyhow, I will go to Best Buy today and check out both of them. I wonder if you guys know the prices for those two models would go down more on Black Friday?

I think many people (including me) would disagree with footballhooters. I used to buy only Sonys, but my last two LCDs have been Samsungs and I really like both of them.

That being said, Sony and Samsung are both good TVs, so you should look at the ones in which you are interested and decide what's looks best to your eyes. We on this forum can only make suggestions, but ultimately it's your money and your choice.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was actually looking at both of these TVs yesterday, these were two of the choices i was considering, but when i saw them side by side, the sony didn't look as good as the samsung. The sony was way more expensive than the samsung, it had an extra component input, composite input, and audio ouput. But yea check both of them out yourself and see which one you like better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.