AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying and HDTV from sears and have narrowed it down to 3. I was hoping to get some pro's and cons on these tv's and maybe some help deciding which one to get.

Here are the 3

1. Panasonic Pt47wx49 47" widescreen

2. Toshiba 50H81 50" widescreen

3. 43" Hitachi 43FDX0IB 43" widescreen

I also really want a tv that doesnt require so much tweaking as my mits HDTV did.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
Go with #2.

I have setup and calibrated this set and the performance is very good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Those are my choices too. But had no success getting a store to put an actual HD picture on one, let alone all three together, especially Sears. Hope you have better success in your Sears. I suggest you try to see at least an OTA CBS HD program on one. I've been seeing disappointing HD images on these $2k sets. But those were not true side-by-side comparisons. I hope you are among the 10% of HD ready set owners that buys the HD tuner, and watching more than just DVD. Good luck.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Easy decision. I would go with the Tosh. I had the same decision to make and that is what I did. I originally was thinking the 40H80, but then they introduced the 50H81. The picture is phenomenal. I love Panasonic and before I researched HDTVs I would have said I would go with the Panny because of their reputation. After reading boards and talking to local sales people I learned that Panasonic is great for everything except RPTVs. You may want to check out www.***************.com and learn for yourself. Their some of the professionals did comparisons and found the Tosh to be much more advanced technically and the Panny to be lacking (about more than a year behind technology-wise) I don't know much about the Hitachi, but I remember they often had less resolution, but in this case the Tosh is a bigger TV anyway. You may want to try the 42 inch Tosh too. I don't know if it is out yet, I stopped looking into that area once I bought my HDTV.

BTW, Sears accidentally delivered me a 61" widescreen Hitachi HDTV. I didn't take it for a number of reasons, including ethically, because I saw the Tosh as the best available HD. Good luck no matter what, I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever TV you buy.

Remember: Unless it says fact beside the statement, it is only my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.