AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for my first 4k tv (and I'm 48 years old :eek:). This is to replace an existing Visio 55" 3D set. This will not be our main movie watching tv as we have a large theater room in the basement and will put a 4k projector in there in the next year or so. This tv will be occasional movie, xbox one x, switch, netflix, amazon, and cable tv shows.

I'm not looking to spend much money. Here's what I'm considering and the prices I have found. All 65".

UN65KS8000 - Brand new with Samsung warranty - $1272 shipped.
XBR-65X900E - Brand new with Sony warranty - $1498 shipped.
Vizio M65-E0 - Brand new. $998 at a local Sams club so $1090 with tax
Vizio P65-C1 - Refurbished and may not have warranty. $1118 shipped

I really like the Chromecast built in nature of the Vizio and Sony and really like how it's done with the Sony in that when you get done casting it goes back to your input. The Vizios dump you out on their "casting" input and you have use the remote to go back to the input you were on.

I picked up a Vizio E65-E0 on Black Friday for $598 + tax but when I compared it to the Sony the colors just look very stale and dark and now I'm not that interested in it.

Any thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm in the market for my first 4k tv (and I'm 48 years old :eek:). This is to replace an existing Visio 55" 3D set. This will not be our main movie watching tv as we have a large theater room in the basement and will put a 4k projector in there in the next year or so. This tv will be occasional movie, xbox one x, switch, netflix, amazon, and cable tv shows.

I'm not looking to spend much money. Here's what I'm considering and the prices I have found. All 65".

UN65KS8000 - Brand new with Samsung warranty - $1272 shipped.
XBR-65X900E - Brand new with Sony warranty - $1498 shipped.
Vizio M65-E0 - Brand new. $998 at a local Sams club so $1090 with tax
Vizio P65-C1 - Refurbished and may not have warranty. $1118 shipped

I really like the Chromecast built in nature of the Vizio and Sony and really like how it's done with the Sony in that when you get done casting it goes back to your input. The Vizios dump you out on their "casting" input and you have use the remote to go back to the input you were on.

I picked up a Vizio E65-E0 on Black Friday for $598 + tax but when I compared it to the Sony the colors just look very stale and dark and now I'm not that interested in it.

Any thoughts appreciated!
I read some more threads. Seems opinions are split on the P65-C1 and the X900E.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
XBR-65X900E - Brand new with Sony warranty - $1498 shipped is your best option in my opinion. It is a great swet and I think you will be well pleased with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
XBR-65X900E - Brand new with Sony warranty - $1498 shipped is your best option in my opinion. It is a great swet and I think you will be well pleased with it.
I was kind of thinking that too. I had access to an X900E for a few days and played some LG/Sony UHD videos off youtube. I was constantly seeing colors and highlights on the Sony where my Vizio E-Series seemed pretty stale and lifeless. I wasn't sure if that was just my e-series or just that the color on the Sony was that much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts