AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im new to the surround sound world and have a question on choosing a receiver. The set up im about to purchase is (2) klipsch f-3's for fronts, (2) klipsch s-3's for rears and a klipsch c-3 for center (will be adding a sub in the future). I have been looking at the yamaha rx-v565, v665, v765, and the pioneer vsx-919ah-k. I want to make sure I purchase a receiver large enough for these speakers. Which receiver would be best for this set up? All comments and opinions are appreciated. If you think I should consider another receiver please let me know.

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
The 765 would probably be "best" but that doesn't mean the others wouldn't work very well too. Klipsch are very efficient speakers so it doesn't take a lot of power to get them going.

Like the other poster said, give us a budget to work with and the other components involved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The components hooked to it will be a blue ray player, xbox 360, and a wii. I will using the system mainly for tv (football) and movies, very little music. My max budget is $500.00 for a receiver.

Another question, when watching tv are only hd channels available for surround sound?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames99 /forum/post/17023064

The components hooked to it will be a blue ray player, xbox 360, and a wii. I will using the system mainly for tv (football) and movies, very little music. My max budget is $500.00 for a receiver.

Another question, when watching tv are only hd channels available for surround sound?

several modes (pro logic 2/2x/2z, neo6, proprietary modes) will turn a 2 channel signal into a 5.1/7.1/9.1 signal so you can have surround sound from even a mono source. klipschies are efficient--should work without a kilowatt power amp behind them.

cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since the klipsch speakers are so efficient would it be a waste of money buying the v765 over the v565? and sorry for my ignorance....pro logic 2/2x/2z, neo6, proprietary modes come in the receivers I mentioned? Its very important I watch all the games in surround!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You'll get all the games in surround with any of those receivers..no worries. The 565 will be fine for you, at least it's the first model that will upconvert you wii or other sources that need be. I would look on newegg and watch...within' a week or so you'll see the 565 on sale for $329. It's on sale there every week or two, just keep your eyes open...that includes free shipping too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts