SHARP 46" 1080p LCD LC46D82U

OLEVIA 47" 1080p LCD 747iB11

VIZIO 47" 1080p LCD GV47LF

What's important:

Inputs

Contrast Ratio

Response Time

Overall Quality

Which is the best HDTV overall? For the price? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'd chose the Samsung. It is on my list for my next set but I am waiting to see if the HDMI handshake issue get resolved. But outside of that it is an outstanding set.

CD

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice choices. If that's the Olevia 747i with the Realta HQV processing chip and you watch a lot of SD, which most of us do like it or not, I think it might be the way to go, but keep in mind this set is known for glare, unlike other LCDs. The Sharp, Sony, and Samsung are also all good choices in my opinion, but those models all have some issues- clouds, bands, hdmi handshake, in that order, on a set to set basis. So make sure you can buy from a place with a good return policy whichever brand you buy.

·
Registered
286 Posts
With some devices there can be an error that may be caused by the way a device implements HDCP (a content protection system) which can cause problems with the hdmi communication- called a handshake. See the Samsung threads for more on this. For banding there's lots of info here. Try post #80 and 81 of this thread.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just realized the picts in those posts mentioned are of bands shown in the service menu, but there are other picts of banding on this forum from folks viewing normal content. Do a search for these. In my opinion, if you need to go to the service menu to see the bands, they probably aren't a real issue, but that's just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.