AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all the AV Pros.

I bought a projector and 100” screen. Projector has keystone functions and XY zoom function. It is mounted on the ceiling 10.2fr away from the screen. My issues is I can’t get the full picture on the screen. As you can see from the picture that there are few black spaces that I cannot get It it go away. I adjusted all the setting, but no luck. Any help on this would be great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
If it will not get as large as the screen, its a projector throw distance issue......if you purchased a 16:9 screen its unlikely the screen is mis shaped .

The top looks like it is projecting on a velvet/felt border or it might just be the content if thats what you mean...if its the black all the way around its a throw distance problem.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The projector should have a built-in "test pattern/alignment screen" to help you line the image up on the screen properly(edges) and check the basic geometry.

Something similar to this:

Or this:

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
I have moved it back and forth but still no luck. Any other suggestions?
I guess your going to have to explain the issue more, because if every thing was left the same and you moved the projector 2 feet farther back the picture would be larger than the screen, its just how things work.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Hi all the AV Pros.

I bought a projector and 100” screen. Projector has keystone functions and XY zoom function. It is mounted on the ceiling 10.2fr away from the screen. My issues is I can’t get the full picture on the screen. As you can see from the picture that there are few black spaces that I cannot get It it go away. I adjusted all the setting, but no luck. Any help on this would be great.
What's the projector?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a 100” Chinese screen that cost me $500 that was 2” too wide for 16:9. You should measure the screen height and width (excluding frame).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also use a level to make sure the projector is level. Tilting it then using keystone correction will likely change the image dimensions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also use a level to make sure the projector is level. Tilting it then using keystone correction will likely change the image dimensions.
Done that already, but no help. Issue is where I can’t keep the key stone and focus to cover the screen. If I keep it at the 10 ft the screen still have black lines on the side. And move it little back then it bleeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts