AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a room that is about 17'W x 27'L x 9ft high but with additional space in the back that is easier shown than explained. I have Gik Acoustics products in the room already but believe I need a few more strategically placed treatments or other ideas to take the room to the next level.

I have two 4 ft tri-traps for bass trapping in each of the front two corners and back left corner. There is not a traditional back right "corner" in the room so I couldnt not do a 4th set. I also have two sets of the GIK 244 panels for broadband absorption at the first sidewall reflection points of my Martin Logan CLX speakers (one stacked on top of the other to cover the wall up to 8ft high x 2ft wide). Please see the attached Google sketchup 3d drawing of my room (a free download of Google Sketchup is required to view it) and a low frequency response and decay time chart from the XTZ measurement software. I currently have one subwoofer but plan on changing from a single SVS pc13 ultra to dual JL audio f113s.

Thanks!

Desktop.zip 487.984375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll ask a followup question - how important is treating the hallway and alcove that leads away from the theater? (see image and 3d model) Should I concentrate my funds on just the immediate theater area?

Would building a new wall and shutting off that area have a beneficial effect?

What about the staircase leading up?

I am planning on buying the Gik Acoustic Soffit traps as they affect the lowest frequencies of any product I have seen, but they are expensive so I can only afford so many....

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Hifi;

When I first did research into ht acoustics I also though rt60 was important. However, w/o lots of background explain in small acoustic space rt60 is not a spec we care about.

Rather, for LFE use modal info via waterfall charts to direct your treatment activity (and sub placement) to grasp your issues and decay time strategy.

For your RFZ first reflection management, start by using the mirror trick and verify with ETC measurements.

(via my iPhone, so I can't give links to some good threads)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.