AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used Z1 for few months. I have heard high pitch sound from the PJ that come for a while about 2-3 min then it quiet for 15-30 min and it come back again. This sound come and go by cycle like this. I asked the technician from Sanyo distributor. He said that sound was normal. It was in the normal specification of this PJ. It came from The Ballas lamp was charging high frequency voltage. I think this sound is so annoying to me. So I would like to ask anyone who use this PJ that do you hear this sound like me. For me to be sure that the sound is normal function of this PJ.:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
304 Posts
My 1HD is new, so may not exhibit this yet, but it is very quiet when operating. I'm usually pretty sensitive to high pitch whine sounds, and think I would notice if mine were doing this...

-Jason

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wutth
Sorry I'm not sure that it called " Ballas lamp " or " Lamp ballas " . What is this.
It may actually be "ballast", and mine doesn't make a high-pitched whining noise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine either. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which lamp mode that you use? Full lamp mode or economic theater black mode.I wonder that the sound may relate to lamp mode. I use theater black mode that the fan is much quiet. And I sit just 2 m. beneath PJ so the noise may be easily detected.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, My temp. set up I sit less than one foot from the PJ in theater black mode an she is very quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.