AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Toshiba DST3000 from video only, and now I am in the need of a direct TV plus( I am already a subscriber, so I cant do the Blockbuster deal), elliptical 18/24 oval dish. Can any of you recommend model #'s, and where to buy, and for how much. I am getting the 150.00 range, but I just saved 150.00 for a 10 min phone call, and about a week on this sight. God I love this place, and I am not just saying that(because I probably will be asking a whole bunch of questions when attempting my install). If you have any places you have dealt with that would be great.

I would like to thank not only the member who responded to me, but the members I emailed with questions, who got back to me within a couple of hours answering my questions. Its great to know that people can count on you folks here.

Happy to have found this place,

Fred DeGrandis

[This message has been edited by Fred DeGrandis (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you do not mine two dishes get another 18" dish. You get a much better signal on both sats with two dishes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
del is right, go with two 18 dishes. call a local dbs provider to buy the multiswitch ( about $50) and get another 18. i had the same setup at my old place and would never get the elip dish unless i absolutely had to.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I bought an RCA DirecTV Plus receiver including the elliptical dish and multiswitch from WalMart for $99 with no contract. It used to be on their website, but I don't see it anymore. Maybe it's still available in their local stores.

·
Registered
45 Posts
By putting up an elliptical dish (or two 18" dishes), you'll get channels 100, 200, 201, 212, 215, 220, 500, 900. Channels 215 and 900 will display "start service".

To get the HDNET (HD demo) you'll need to start a subscription. Ask for HBO ala-carte, only.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ebay.

Lots of dishes on Ebay cheap. People buy systems for the HU cards, then sell off the dishes for whatever they can get for them. I have seen NEW oval dishes with LNB's and multiswitches going for 30 bucks. You just have to be willing to sift through the listings and know how to snipe.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smsgtkvv:
By putting up an elliptical dish (or two 18" dishes), you'll get channels 100, 200, 201, 212, 215, 220, 500, 900. Channels 215 and 900 will display "start service".

To get the HDNET (HD demo) you'll need to start a subscription. Ask for HBO ala-carte, only.
Hello smsgtkvv and thanks for the information.

------------------

Pablo Roufogalis L.

[email protected]
http://www.aretecnica.com/fampg.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.