AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was hoping someone could give me good advice on what receiver to buy. I have Aperion Intimus 5T Hybrid system for my speakers. These are 6ohm rated speakers so not sure if that plays into what receiver I should be looking at. I am complete newbie as to understanding the specifications from receiver to receiver. Main use will be for just movies and TV and its only a 5.1 setup in a loft so its not a dedicated theater room by any means. I'm looking to future proof as best I can by getting one that is 4k/hdcp2.2 compatible. I'm replacing a Onkyo TX-NR807 that won't fit in my new media center. Any help would be appreciated.

What I've seen so far is:

Onkyo 636 (worried that not enough wattage compared to my 807 but not sure if that really matters)
Pioneer VSX 90 (soon to be released but again is it too weak?)

The Onkyo only has 1 hdcp2.2 hdmi port too so not sure if thats a big deal later on while the Pioneer apparently has more hdmi 2.2 ports.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add I don't have 4k anything yet but just trying to see if I can make this receiver last a while. Going to be connected to Sony HW55 projector. Trying to keep it under 1k if possible or if there is something without all the 4k for much cheaper then I may just go that route and upgrade to 4k later on...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts