AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
The Village Idiot
9,580 Posts
The ES line is Sony's best - which speaks volumes about the rest of their stuff. You have stated it isn't getting it done for you. I think you answered that question in your first post.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapmanson /forum/post/20986032

Yes that is correct but you lose out on some audio types such as truhd etc. That's why I'm in this situation.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a Panasonic 60st30, a PS3 for blu-ray and I have an Onkyo 807 receiver which doesn't do 3d passthrough. If I use my suggestion and utilize the PS3 optical out, would I lose anything else besides True HD? I don't want to have to shell out another grand for a different receiver; I just got the 807 like a year a half ago. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is there a dual hdmi out blue ray player u guts know of that I could get from BB? I was thinking about it and I just love the 1007 so I might as well keep it and do the dual hdmi with new blue ray. Only thing is th arc on my tv won't work. Then I could the money I'm saving into a nice set of tower speakers?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

Sony really has been trailing behind when it comes to AVR's these days. Often the value/performance ratio is not very good. Especially when spending $1000 Dollars plus.

Provided your 1007 is still working well, I really would simply get a BDP with dual HDMI Outputs and call it a day. Granted 3D is now available via many Cable and Satellite Providers as well, but the offerings are relatively sparse. Moreover, 3D is really not gaining a great deal of traction in HT. I totally understand Movie Theaters charging almost double for 3D Movies to maximize revenue, but so often the Picture there is so dark and often poorly presented. It seems for every Avatar, there are about 10 Clash of the Titans...

Cheers,

AD

·
The Village Idiot
9,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 /forum/post/20975057

Much better than replacing something that still works.

...but I digress.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I still haven't decided what to do? This is such a pain in good way! Lol what would u do if you were in my situation?

·
Registered
349 Posts
If cash is a concern go with the least expensive option: dual hdmi bluray.

Not worth replacing the 1007 unless you sell it for enough cash to offset the cost of a 3008.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaR3D /forum/post/20992509

If cash is a concern go with the least expensive option: dual hdmi bluray.

Not worth replacing the 1007 unless you sell it for enough cash to offset the cost of a 3008.

Ok so if I get a dual out 3d player am I loosing anything audio wise if I stY with the 1007?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Or a Samsung - 3D Wi-Fi Built-In Blu-ray Player Model: BDD6700ZA if you need better streaming off of a usb hard drive and a 1 year warranty vs. a 90 for the panasonic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ok so keep the 1007 and go with dual out hdmi is best for me? I'm not to worried about streaming as I have tons if options for that. Ps3, Xbox, apple tv, etc....

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I would keep what you have and run toslink to the receiver and HDMI to the TV. I have a ps3 setup this way and it sounds the same as when I ran HDMI through my receiver. I think the newer 7.1 codecs sound pretty much the same as dolby digital.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts