Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me pick between the following projectors, thanks

Sharp 12000

BenQ 8700+

Optoma H77

Infocus 7205

The screen size will be 133" in a light controlled room.

·
Registered
865 Posts
....I believe the Sharp is generally considered to be in a class above the other three candidates.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The 133" screen is the issue here and one should always remember light output loss with bulb aging. That size screen would more likely require the brightness of the 7205. Be aware you could see pixels if your seating is less than 1.5 x distance from the screen.

An alternative could be the H77, given it has lens shift, and a High Power screen. Of course the pixel issue would still apply.

Dan

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
If you can go smaller screen, 12k.

If not, 7205.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What if I drop down to a 116" screen. My seating postion is about 17 feet away.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I would agree with a 133 inch screen, I would go with the Infocus, anything smaller I would go with the Sharp. If table mount the projector and get the highpower, then the Sharp might still be the way to go

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok another look at my room again and the seating position is alittle over 15 feet. Should I down down to a 119" screen and is the 7205 still the best choice?

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just curious, why do you guys suggest Sharp over Optoma H77? I also am considering one of these. Also, is the Sharp 12k quiet enough to be directly overhead? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.