AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I watched (a few times) this drama-comedy movie that features a middle-aged couple with 2 (or3) children that go thru a divorce and end up getting back together(I think)....there is a few funny moments as well as sad.

IIRC, the backdrop was a small rural town and the house was a 2/3 story.

The mother starts going with a younger guy and then theres this funny part at the tennis court.....does this remind anyone of this film?

Yosh70

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Who was in it and about what year was it released?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure of the actors(Albert Finney-Diane Lane/Keaton maybe?)....it was on VHS prolly released 15-20 yrs ago? I believe the Dad got beat up near the end....I'm not much help here but it must give someone a clue.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by gesundheit
The Parent Trap?
Hmm not that old :p ....and it wasnt a Disney film I dont believe.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woohoo....yes thats it! Thanx, show!

Now is it on DVD; thats what I gotta find out.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Glad you got your answer. lol I got one too but its an old one from the 30s if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

The movie opens with youngs boys playing with their ships on the pond and they're burning one in the fashion of a Viking funeral. They grow up and join the French Foreign Legion. One of them dies later in the film and they burn the fort he was in, again using the theme of a Viking Funeral. They used one of the sergeants as the dog at his feet.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Geez.."Beau Geste"- Way too easy. On top of that, it's the second remake. The first remake was the only one to be followed by the sequels "Beau Ideal", and "Beau Sabreur".

Now here's a difficult one: Movie from the '30's. The name of the car is "The Flying Wombat". Can anyone name the movie, without using Google or the IMDB?

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Thanks, for some reason I forget the name of that one and have to ask every few years or so.

I think the one you're asking about is an old Douglas Fairbanks Jr. film called "The Young in Heart" or something like that. Of course, I could be way off. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the car was a modified Corsair.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Dan 41-

Excellent! The car was the prototype for the "Phantom Corsair", built for a "Heinz 57" heir. It never made it into production, but had a life of sorts as a one-hit-wonder in Hollywood, and on the car show circuit. "Flying Wombat" survives as an absurdist phrase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.