AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The perfect calibration is the one that you do with a test disc from your DVD player on your TV in your room lighting conditions rather than some other person's random settings based on their gear and the lighting in their room.

Unless of course you think your TV is made to military specifications so all those units on the assembly line all behave exactly the same.

Get a test disc ... follow the instructions ... improve your images ... and learn something new along the way too.

regards

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

For beginners ... try the free one ... THX optimizer patterns found on any THX branded DVD you have. (Star Wars for instance.)

Next step up ... Monster cAble-ISF Calibration disc. ... straight talk on how to set the 5 user controls with easy to understand tests.

Beyond that ... Digital Video Essentials (DVE) or AVIA II or Getgray ... more patterns but more technical too. Not that hard as long as one can follow instructions. They show you the pattern ... show you what they do ... then you go do the same with your controls.

regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm about to get a smiliar Samsung model, the A550 in a few days and was wondering these same questions. I'll probably just get that GetGray disc its not too expensive. I've noticed other calibration threads for specific models of Samsung with settings but I guess the A540/A550/A650 models are too new?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

If you want to try random settings ... best to go to the LCD forum to find the people that have your model.

It's not calibration ... it's just looking for stuff that looks good to you ... (whatever that subjectively means).

regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts