AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my KBK Zoltrix Genie TV and having some trouble setting it up.

1. I installed the card, then the latest drivers from zoltrix.com. Then I installed dScaler, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that one is not supposed to install the software that came with the card, but just dScaler instead. Is this right? I suspect it isn't because when I run dScaler, in the window I only get one half second of video then it freezes, but the sound works fine.

2. In the dScaler hardware setup, I chose the Zoltrix Genie card, but then dScaler auto-selects Philips PAL for the Tuner. I don't think this is right though - shouldn't it be some sort of NTSC tuner? But there are several to choose from - exactly what TV tuner does the Zoltrix Genie have?

3. I even have trouble wit the Zoltrix software recording. I can seem to record to a file, and it should be an .AVI file, but when I double-click on the file Windows doesn't recognize it. Windows Media Player won't play it either (I can play other .avi's).

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me. I have a PIII 733 with 384meg RDRAM, nVidia GeForce3 ti 200, brand-new KBK Zoltrix TV Genie, SoundBlaster Live! Value, and a new Samsung HLM437W.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The Zoltrix has a NTSC tuner. Also - The mods KBK does to the Zoltrix can make boot speeds an issue on some systems. If your system is set to boot real fast you may want to go with a slower boot (i.e. Full test on bootup) and see if that cures any problems.

The problem I saw was that the MB booted so fast the Zoltrix power supply rails weren't up to full voltage in time for the BIOS/OS. Because of this the BIOS/OS couldn't find the board correctly. I ended up with it partially recognized which meant it would not work. The fix was to slow down the boot (turned off fastboot).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm not having any boot problems.

Exactly which tuner did you select in the pull-down list of dScaler? The Philips NTSC?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Phoner, I have the Zoltrix Genie TV MAX. I did not install the software because I only need to use dscaler, not the tv tuner. I selected Philips NTSC for the tv tuner in dscaler. The problem I had was finding the right right WDM drivers for windws xp that would not crash dscaler on startup. I eventually found that the 525 version of the btwincap drivers worked for me. I hear that dscaler 4 should now work with all btwincap drivers, but I have not tried it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.