AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about $299 DirecTV HD DVRs and I'm beginning to feel like a schmuck for not taking advantage of the deals that are available. Wonder if I could talk one of you into helping me sort through the best way to upgrade. My setup now has three TVs (all are HD-ready). Each of the TVs has an Series I TiVo with lifetime service. One has a Samsung HD DirecTV receiver...the other two have Hughes STV DirecTV receivers. We already have the DirecTV dish with three LNBs. We're in a small market, so I also pay for basic cable so we can get the local stations.

I've been holding off on the upgrade because I didn't want to lose the lifetime TiVo service, but I think I read that DirecTV only charges $5.99 a month, no matter how many DVRs you have. True?

My ideal setup would be HD DVRs for all three sets, although I'll probably scale back once I see the cost. We're all very TiVo dependent, so I'd need to know if the UI on the DirecTV DVRs is as good.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The HD Tivo deal is only for one unit, I don't think you can get it for three of them. The Tivo fee is $5.99 regardless how many you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.