AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone this is my first time post to this message board so please bear with me. I read the mini FAQ and didn't see my answer in there but if you know I can search it and get my answer just let me know what to search under. Great with that said here is my problem I have a silver Sanyo DVD player it is about a year old and yesterday it stoped working right on me. The little sandby light still goes on power then when I go to open the DVD player or turn it on the DVD player will say what I am doing for a second (i.e open, reading) and then turn right off. I have had some problems in the past were at my girlfriends how the dvd player will be playing a movie and then blue screen for a second come back and maybe do it again, sometimes. Do anyone know a way to fix this, so I open the DVD player up and check to make sure the power supply is firmly connected? If my DVD player is dead, what DVD player for a $100 do you recommend. I saw at Circut City they have a progressive scan and it had good reviews. Any one opions on that model. Thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
573 Posts
rgmuckli

Welcome to AVSforum. If your Sanyo is still under warranty, you may wish to get it fixed. If the Sanyo is dead and no longer under warranty, then you need a new player. Getting it from some place that has a good return/exchange policy is a good idea and big electronics stores like Circuit City usually have good return/exchange policies but I would check this out. You didn't mention a brand but if you can find a brand name progressive DVD player for under $100, then go for it. If you don't like it then return/exchange it. I have read there are some compatibility problems with JVC DVD players and Sony displays so exercise a bit of caution there but if you have a liberal return/exchange policy at a major electronics store, you should do OK with your DVD player purchase. Good luck. :)

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.