AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would like to take the time to tell you about myself. I have been a member since Feb 20, 2009. While I try to visit the forum eveyday and help out as much as I could it's hard to find time sometimes. I would honestly have to say I have been helped by more people on here then anywhere else.

That being said I have never asked for anything and read over the rules and I am taking a chance. The years have gone by now and it's 2015 and I recently had a baby 11 months ago. Me being a first time dad at the age of 33 really changed my life. I guess it made me grow up and look at things a lot different.

Around 2 months ago a very good friend of mine informed me about his 3 year old having to go to the emergency room. Of course being a dad now the feeling of sorrow just takes over. I have known this guy for over 12 years and worked with him that long as well. The next day he informed me that his son had epilepsy and explained to me the situation. I had no knowledge on what the condition was just some basic information. Rainbow Babies and Children here in Ohio is one of the top child care hospitals around. They have been trying multiple medications and nothing has been helping. He has been in and out for weeks at a time. My good friend and co worker is one of the most hardest working person I know. He never ever misses work and has multiple years of perfect attendance. Suddenly a situation like this is causing him to be absent and I can only really imagine deep down what he is going through.

What is making me do this is today we are at work and his wife calls and said his son was having these episodes in his sleep. So they had to inform the doctors and all. He is in a very terrible situation and just can't leave work because he was promoted to
Management recently. The look on his face when I told him you have to leave and take some time off until they figure everything out and he is stable was just not describable. He told me I can't afford to take off like that.

By no means am I asking for money just to get over on people. This is the first time I have ever done this. I am not on facebook or Instagram or anything like that. So I figured I would take the chance with the people I have made friendships with here on the site. I may have my account deleted but that is perfectly fine to me. There are some things in this world that are more important then our hobbys. Believe me I know we all work hard for our money. I sometimes put in 84 hours a week. I am just your average guy here in Ohio making $55,000.00 a year.

I am going to post a link to a Gofundme page. If you have read this far that is great. If you can't donate that is fine as well. Keeping this amazing family in yor prayers is perfectly fine. If you donate even a dollar that is perfectly fine.

If you need anymore info you can ask. I figured I would give this a shot on here. If I am deleted I accept the responsibility for my actions. This situation just really hits me hard and I want to do whatever I can to help.

Here is the link:
http://www.gofundme.com/caringforcam

Thank you everyone,
Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts