AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a room above my garage that is 12 x 24. I want to put the screen on the 12 ft. wall. Im not sure if i should be leaning towards 5.1 or 7.1? I have about 3000 to spend on all the hardware i need. So i think i have come up with a system for my budget and would like feed back or suggestions on if yall think i will be happy with this set up.
World wide stereo has a deal on Klipsch RF 52ii 7.1 with 450 sub for $1300.
Visual apex has package deal on 8345r for $875 or the 8350r for $1200 both with 110" screen.
Accesorries 4 less has a Denon avr s900 for $320. I really dont care to watch in 3D.
thanks for looking guys. Jesse

·
Registered
73 Posts
you might want to look into Dolby Atmos as well. It's the next step up from 7.1 It adds speakers above your head.

My suggestion, if you're on a budget, is to put the money into the room and screen first. stereo equipment and projectors have a nasty habit of getting outdated :) but if you make your room nice, you will never need to change it.

also, if you haven't yet, check out projector central for reviews on projectors. I don't know if they have a review of that particular one, but you can do a lot of research there to make sure you find one that suits your needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts