AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

First timer here and I am certain this post has already been answered and I apologize in advance, but I am desperate. I have a Pioneer vsx1018 and a Panasonic Bd55 and a 5.1 speaker setup all via hdmi. I can not get the Dolby TrueHd or DTS-HD Master Audio to display/work. I set the DVD player to bitstream, but the receiver is only playing regular DTS or regular Dolby on Blu ray discs that have the HD audio options available. I also went to audio setup on the Blu ray discs to select the HD audio, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
One thought I have is in regards to your HDMI audio out. Did you set your HDMI audio out on in the receiver menu?

Setting this on can cause issues, because then HDMI requires that the Blu-ray player be restricted to your TVs audio options.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am a newbie myself but I will give you some tips. I have a panasonic BD 35 which is similar and an Onkyo 805 receiver. I tried all kinds of combo's to get my receiver to show True HD and no go. I finally did a reset on the Panasonic BD player and it works great now. Also make sure you have secondary audio set to off when you select bitstream. I forget how you do a reset on the player but it is in the owners manual. After you do a reset you will have to go into menu again and make your choices. I hope this helps, this forum is great for all kinds of info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts