AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my showstopper will not display tv signal or any input signals.tried all reboots and channel updates.is this a hardware or software problem.it will play all shows in guide that are already recorded but will not record any new shows.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This may seem like a dumb question, but have you checked to see what input the replay is getting? You can accidentally change the input with the "Input" button on the remote. Cycle through the inputs by repeatedly pressing that button. You will see the name of the input in the upper right-hand corner: Input 1, Input 2, etc.. When you finally get just the channel number and channel name (76 HIST), then you're watching the main RF input that should have content.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is is a stock factory unit or have you modified or upgraded the hard disk? Have you tried to disconnect the power for few minutes and then reconnect?

I have had this happen to my unit several times (black screen with no sound). After rconnecting the power I may have to warm boot the device several times before live tv works again. My unit is hacked with an 80 GB maxtor drive. It has been working fine for 9 months, until recently.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I second MultiSync69 suggestion. Unplugging the replay for a period of time, perhaps an hour has proven to fix some problems. If you haven't already tried it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a stock unit,tried several boots,overnite connects,unpluged for a day and still doesn't see no inputs at all,call panasonic they want $140 to repair flat rate for any repair,could i put a replay drive in the pany to test or would it corupt that drive also.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I'm confused, will Panasonic even work on the unit if you break the seal? Previous posts have said Panasonic or Replay will not repair a tampered with unit?

Sorry, but it doesn't sound like a hard drive problem.

You can put a replay 3000 series drive in the showstoppers. Probably will not hurt the drive as long as the AC power is disconnected from each unit as you swap the drives out.

Before you swap the drives you could reset factory default by going to 777 zones. You would lose all shows and have to run setup again.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TURBO
MIKEYBOY thanks, that was it now all inputs work.THANK YOU AGAIN.
Turbo, What fixed the problem? Was it the 777 zones?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.