AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Readers. I have bought a Panasonic TC-P50S2 and I know it has no PC hookup on it. I have been trying to hook up my PC from a DVI to HDMI cable and it seems like the TV does not want to receive a signal. I have updated to the latest nvidia drivers and still no changes. All HDMI connections on the tv are working. I wanted to know if I put in an HDMI out video card and run an HDMI to HDMI cable from the PC to the TV will that solve my problem. Any input from fellow AVS members would be most helpful.

Thank,

Icemanguru

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok so i had to register to this forum site to even reply, which kind of ticked me off, anyways to answer ur question, the panasonic TV's dont seem to like DVI to HDMI connectors or even any type of adapter, but it will connect to your pc with an hdmi to hdmi connection just make sure to update ur video drivers to make sure you have the necessary updates for scaling and whatnot. But as for ur answer simply is just buy a full hdmi cable. and buy a video card supporting it if you dont have it, you can get them cheap online like a radeon 5670 or whatnot

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use a monoprice DVI -> HDMI adaptor and standard HDMI cable to connect a couple of PC's to my TC-P50S2 - both a Macbook Pro, and a Dell Optiplex 960 running Ubuntu worked fine. I believe that the dell has some sort of ATI card in it - whatever came standard - it has the external dual-screen splitter cable for either DVI or VGA connectors.

Never had a problem with either computer. Both recognize the display correctly and let me send 1080p video to it.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanguru /forum/post/19544531

Hi Readers. I have bought a Panasonic TC-P50S2 and I know it has no PC hookup on it. I have been trying to hook up my PC from a DVI to HDMI cable and it seems like the TV does not want to receive a signal. I have updated to the latest nvidia drivers and still no changes. All HDMI connections on the tv are working. I wanted to know if I put in an HDMI out video card and run an HDMI to HDMI cable from the PC to the TV will that solve my problem. Any input from fellow AVS members would be most helpful.

It sounds to me like your PC's DVI-equipped video card is not HDCP compliant, which would explain why the TV isn't getting the signal. DVI video cards typically are connected to PC monitors, not TVs, so many (most?) of them are not HDCP compliant.

A TV requires the output device to be HDCP compliant if it's connected to the HDMI input. Check the specs for your particular video card - if it's not HDCP compliant then that's your problem right there. But if it is HDCP compliant, then you have some other issue.

A video card with an HDMI output however is usually HDCP compliant and if so, would work fine with the TV. A DVI video card that is HDCP compliant will work with a TV as long as the DVI-to-HDMI adapter is also HDCP compliant (virtually all of them are).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.