AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know , I know , im sorry but I thought I had this figured out and am ready to buy a tv tomorrow.

The more I read here the more blurred my decision gets. I was ready to buy the Panny but now Im not sure. The LG is currently $50 more than the C2 , but PQ is more important than a few dollars.

This will be a bedroom tv and my expectations arent critical but I would appreciate any feedback , thanks and sorry for another one of these threads

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems to me the Panny is a solid, reliable product. (I assume you've read the C2 thread.) Personally, I'm impressed by the picture quality of the C2 (and the Costco version with AR filter). Great choice for a bedroom TV, imo.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have read the C2 thread and the PJ350 thread. Lots of happy people in both threads. However when viewing in a store the C2 has looked like crap , and scares me a bit. The PJ350 had a better picture in the store and cosmetically is much more attractive. I know you can't judge a tv by the store settings so that leads me back to research. I wouldn't think twice about the Panny if it weren't an entry level tv.

Oh well , bottom line is it will be a bedroom tv and $600 for a 50" , I guess I shouldn't sweat it too much.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went through this same exact situation yesterday with both of these models. The pricing on the Panny yesterday was almost to hard to pass up. After spending most of the morning reading both threads I walked away with no clear winner. I choose the LG for slight more $$. Reason being slight better resolution and the ISF calibration. This Plasma will be in a light controlled room so no glare issues. Either set will provide a great way to get a large Plasma for a low cost and better than a "good enough" Flat Panel IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.