Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I am thinking about buying one for an awesome setup for computer games, movies and tv.

How does this sound?

92" Manual Projector Screen 203cm x 146cm Bead Glass enhanced---Super Buy

offered at $165 AUS - good buy?

Also how much are these two items worth? ($AUS)

Which one is better?

1)CTX PROJECTOR EZ585 WITH

USER MANUAL CARRY CASE

SIGNAL CABLE AND REMOTE

CONTROL UNKNOWN LAMP

HOURS

2) SONY MULTISCAN PROJECTOR

MODEL VPH-D50HT

What else do I need to know for a projector?

* Can I watch television through my computer on a projector screen?

how?

what do I need?

thank you

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The D50 will provide MUCH higher image quality than a disposable LCD (keep the flamewar down, lightbulb defenders, the CTX is terrible: http://www.cddevices.com/ctxezpro585.html )

CRT projectors, in general, provide better color saturation and better low light/shadow details than LCD/DLP/D-ILA unless you spend LOTS of money (Sony Qualia, etc.)

The CRT has the benefit of being analog, and not fixed at 800x600 pixels like the CTX, therefor you can watch interlaced and progressive scan TV and various higher definition sources up to the limits of the electronics of the projector.

This limit is called "resolving" here in the group, to give you a search term. It is said that the D50 can resolve 720p if young and set up properly.

For CRT I believe glass bead screens are recommended against. Search herein for "high gain" to see alternatives.

Yes, you can watch TV through the computer or directly attached to the D50, which accepts S-Video, component, and RGB inputs. http://www.fhvideo.com/item.php?id=52

The downside to CRTs are their their size, weight, and light output. Modern digital projectors are MUCH brighter... bright enough to be practical in a partially lit room, whereas a CRT really needs a dark room to shine (pun intended.)

CRTs also tend to be adopted by technophile types, as their care and feeding becomes a hobby in itself. (I'm up to four, two for use and two for parts.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.