AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the FP-T5894W, which is the 58" version of wireless plasma Samsung won all kinds of awards for in 2007. I bought it about a year ago and its been fine ever since day one, until today that is. For some reason, the screen will not connect to the AV unit. I get a message on the screen saying "Please check wireless Home AV center power is on". What's weird is that the AV center has a blue light on the front that matches the one on the tv. Today, when I unplug and re-plug it back in, the light comes on and then fades off in about 5 seconds. I asked the Samsung support people and they had no idea. Their only suggestion was that I could try unplugging the power for about 5 minutes, but that was a dead end. When I spoke to the repair service who Samsung contracts to do their work here in New Jersey, the guy told me that I have to take the screen off the wall for them to inspect it. I just don't see this as getting better. Obviously, the repair techs have no clue how to deal with the wireless models.

Can someone help me out here? I'm losing my patience really fast. I have a 3 year old who can't watch her Noggin shows and has been crying about it all day.

Thanks in advance,

Jesse

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Football season is starting, and my tv, which I have had for just over a year is experiencing the identical problem. Did either of you get it figured out?

Thanks!

Josh

·
Registered
85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/15537944

Can you hard wire your connections?

Did anyone try and have the back of the non wireless tv attached instead of the wireless one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently experiencing the exact same thing as you Jesse, my samsung model number FP-T5894W has stopped working, and no one seems to be able to help me. i've contacted samsung support, their external technicians, service repair and no seems to be able to help. The t.v doesnt need service its the AV home center, but they dont fix that. They cannot replace it, they dont have any in stock to purchase. so its seems like i'm screwed with this product that is worthless....

have you gotten any luck?

I will never buy samsung again, they completely just brushed me off, they are just worthless. i'm so disgusted to have bought a product that they cannot service and will not help at all. its frustrating!!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenj /forum/post/15537898

Can someone help me out here? I'm losing my patience really fast. I have a 3 year old who can't watch her Noggin shows and has been crying about it all day.

That's the problem with new electronics these days as they become more cheaply-made and complicated. If he still have his old 80s CRT today, it probably would still turn on.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.G /forum/post/19850634

I am currently experiencing the exact same thing as you Jesse, my samsung model number FP-T5894W has stopped working, and no one seems to be able to help me. i've contacted samsung support, their external technicians, service repair and no seems to be able to help. The t.v doesnt need service its the AV home center, but they dont fix that. They cannot replace it, they dont have any in stock to purchase. so its seems like i'm screwed with this product that is worthless....

have you gotten any luck?

I will never buy samsung again, they completely just brushed me off, they are just worthless. i'm so disgusted to have bought a product that they cannot service and will not help at all. its frustrating!!!!

you seriously bumped a two year old thread?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts