AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a room that's 31' x 16' and plan to use two subs. Any thoughts on proper placement? The room will slope up toward the rear, and have two rows of couches at about 15' and 20' respectively.

I know the answer can be very room dependent (even with the above specs), but I'm just looking for some general thoughts/guidance.

Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Use the crawl approach. If you dont know what this is....you place the 2 subwoofers whereever the seating postions are. then you get on your hands and knees while some bass heavy soundtrack is playing and simply crawl around the room to different areas to find where it sounds the best. Whenever you find those sweetspots, move your subs there.

Experimenting with the different sweet spots will usualy lead you to find the most optimal position for your room. Oh, try to keep your head about ear-level with the subs as your creeping around.

If you dont want to deal with that, most of the times putting them in a corner a few inches from the walls will net ya a pretty good sounding sub as well :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
did'nt you post this in another spot the other day? I think I responded..but if not I will re-type

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by slewis
did'nt you post this in another spot the other day? I think I responded..but if not I will re-type
Yes, posted in speakers and audio theory. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.