AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like an idiot trying to hook up my first ever surround system (and first new receiver for more than 20 years). I have the Pioneer Elite 21THX receiver and I am having trouble connecting the speaker wire. I have followed the directions of stripping the end of the wire; twisting the bare wire together; loosening the connector on the back of the receiver; placing the bare wire in and then tightening the connector. Having done this, the wire is still loose and could be easily pulled out with little effort. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
You are probably inserting the wire into the hole where a banana plug would go. You need to put the bare wire in the hole in the side of the connector underneath the threaded plastic piece.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez /forum/post/18136117

You are probably inserting the wire into the hole where a banana plug would go. You need to put the bare wire in the hole in the side of the connector underneath the threaded plastic piece.

I just figured that out. I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.