AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a photo (attached) of the top right corner of my 32" Sharp Aquos GA5U. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It just showed up a couple of weeks ago. I've had the TV for about 3 years and have never seen any weird artifacts like this. It looks like a smudge, but it is definitely NOT on the external surface of the LCD. Could there be some kind of mold on the inside of the LCD?!
Would it be possible to open it up and clean it off?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hmmm... I suppose it could be. Also kinda looks like liquid has maybe leeched through the side from possibly cleaning the screen? If you press on it, does it kinda move around like it were liquid? Or it went that far and then may have dried leaving that residue behind.

If it's on the inner glass surface might be able to clean it... I have never taken an LCD apart so I have no clue what would be involved or how feasible/possible it is.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MarkRH, it does not squish or move when I press the spot, but it does have a liquid appearance. I also wonder if its possible that the smudge is actually on the backlight and not the LCD itself.

I should also mention that I have never spilled anything on this TV, and I am the sole occupant of my apartment. The smudge appeared long after the last time I cleaned the display.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mark I think that is an example of delamination....here is a link here to another thread at AVS with a picture that looks similar to yours only it shows up in color...I also saw a tv at BB that had the very same problem and they said it was delamination...here is the link scroll down to post 27

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=13393324

You may have to cut and paste the link to get it to work....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts