AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help, Im going insane here. I just bought a VSX-1019-AH and have the following speaker hookups:

Front: Klipsch SF3

Center: Klipsch SC.5

Rear: Klipsch SS1

SW: Klipsch KSW10 (alternate is brand new Polk PSW111)

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can't get any sound out of either of the SW's I hook up to this receiver.

And yes, I have checked that the SW is plugged in, and turned on etc.

I have the SubOut from the receiver connected with a brand new SW Cable to the LFE inputs on the SW, and the Xover on the subs are set to MAX, so that the Xover in the Receiver controls the level. Also, the Speakers ettings for Front/Center/Surround are all set to Small.

Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
Just as a test, you might try connecting one of the full-range stereo outputs to the sub. (e.g. the left CD-R out) Start with the subwoofer's local volume control all the way down and slowly turn it up, since there is no volume control by the receiver for those outputs.

If that produces sound from the sub, then the subwoofer output on the receiver is dead.

If that does not produce sound, then it's likely that the cable is bad (although it could still be that there's a problem with the sub.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Selden. I tried the hookup from the CD Player and both the old SW and the new one both have sound pumping (pretty hard) through them. So I know they work and the cable is good. The odd thing is, I bought a new Sony STRDN1000 and I had the same probs (no SW output) so I brought it back to BestBuy and got the VSX1019AHK. What are the chances I get 2 brand new receivers that cant output SW from the PreOuts?

·
Registered
850 Posts
What happens when you run MCACC? Let it run, and see if you get any sound out of the Sub during the calibration. MCACC will tell you if it detects the Sub, or if the volume is too low or too high.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Running the Manual MCACC I get no sound out of the brand new Polk, and with the old Klipsch, if I max out the volume on the SW, I get some (barely noticeable) sound. But it sounds as if Im hearing the bass from a house down the street it so faint.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Does the sub have a Power Indicator light and if so does it turn green?

Possible the receiver is not sending a strong enough signal through the SubOut.

Try connecting a y-splitter at the sub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sub does have an indicator and it is green. The sub is on, and I can get tons of bass through it when connected directly to a CD player. Have hooked up a brand new Y-splitter just to be sure. Have been testing output with iPod hookup and CD player. Both with songs that are heavy in bass. Getting very little output . Almost as if a muting is happening but some signal can get through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts